Conference Transparency Reporting
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Public Law 110-246) requires that not later than
September 30th of each year, the Secretary of Agriculture shall prepare a report on conferences,
with costs greater than $10,000, sponsored or held by the Department of Agriculture or attended by
employees of the Department of Agriculture.
This report will contain the following information for each conference
- the name of the conference;
- the location of the conference;
- date of the conference
- the number of Department of Agriculture employees attending the conference; and
- the costs (including travel expenses) relating to such conference; and
- for each conference sponsored or held by the Department of Agriculture for which the Department awarded a procurement contract, a description of the contracting procedures related to such conference.
The table below provides a summary of USDA spending on conference and training. Please click on each year for detailed breakdown by conference.
USDA Conference Transparency Reports
Note 1: 2008 information is summarized from a list of events and costs reported to Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) by agencies.
The data has been stated using the definition from the newly released Farm Bill.